Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: 9-year-old kills mother, self

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    9-year-old kills mother, self

    (CNN) -- A 9-year-old Alcoa, North Carolina, boy shot and killed his mother before taking his own life, according to the Warren County Sheriff's Department.

    Taylor Jones apparently killed his mother, 38-year-old Gloria Pulley, shortly after midnight Saturday morning, the department said. He left a suicide note in which he apologized for her death.

    Authorities have not been able to determine a motive.

    "They were a very nice family. I never had any problem with none of them," said Warren County Sheriff John Williams, who said he knew the family personally.

    Jones is said to have had a good relationship with his family members and friends, Williams said. There was no obvious discord between him and his mother, he said, and it's unknown if he was on any type of medication or if he had any mental or emotional issues.

    Williams said family members became worried over the weekend after not seeing Pulley or Jones for more than a day. Pulley's brother and mother, who live nearby, kicked in the front door of the home Saturday and found the two bodies in one of the bedrooms.

    "A family gun" was used in the shootings, Williams said, but it's unknown where and how the weapons was stored.

    Autopsy results released to law enforcement by the North Carolina Medical Examiner's office confirm the shooting was a murder-suicide, Williams said.

    Jones' father, Pulley's ex-husband, lives in Georgia.

    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  2. #2
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: 9-year-old kills mother, self

    9 yrs old commits murder / suicide and leaves a note?
    And people don't find a problem with things going on today?
    Ok???????????????????????????????????????????

  3. #3
    Inactive Member imported_Mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 20th, 2004
    Posts
    255
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 9-year-old kills mother, self

    I don't even know if I knew what suicide was when I was 9 years old....this is crazy.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 9-year-old kills mother, self

    I agree, that is one of the craziest things I have heard

  5. #5
    Inactive Member imported_trumpet1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2003
    Posts
    2,533
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 9-year-old kills mother, self

    Something is wrong. What's with these epidemics?
    Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 9-year-old kills mother, self

    Unbalanced lifestyles I would say.
    Too much electronic baby-sitting for children. No solid grasp on reality, but it's not their fault.
    Can't say I'd ever heard of suicide when I was 9.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member imported_trumpet1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2003
    Posts
    2,533
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 9-year-old kills mother, self

    I had heard what suicide was when I was 9, but I didn't really think nothin of it.
    Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •